LOCK IT IN FOR 60 DAYS: Use the form below to calculate the cost of your project, no hidden or extra charges and no surprises, plus our 200% guarantee on accuracy & deadline.
Auto-calculated Transcription Quote: Use the quote form to calculate your total project cost upfront, then email the quote to yourself to lock in the rates for 60 days.
No surprise invoices: No hidden or extra charges, when we quote – that is the total.
No time wasting: The last thing clients need is a transcription not arriving on time, missing words or just plain wrong. We are professionals and we consider your time precious. In fact, we include a 200% guarantee on both the accuracy and the deadline.
Under Cost pressure? Trying to hit the budget? Let’s talk. Real Project Managers are here to answer your questions and guide your project through the process at the lowest rates possible. We are here to help. Get in contact.
Transcription Quote Form
3 Methods of transcription.
And the real cost.
The cost of our transcription service is determined by two factors. Turnaround time and how difficult it will be to transcribe the project.
– Turnaround time – the faster the turnaround the more we have to prioritize your project over others.
– Project Difficulty – how long a project can take is influenced by a range of factors including how many people are talking and how hard it is to hear what they are saying.
The rates charged for a transcription service largely reflect the amount of correction and editing the final product will need to be accurate. There are three common methods used to create a transcript with varying degrees of extra time needed: using Australian based professional typists, sending the work overseas to English as second language typists, or using an automated computer program.
1. United Kingdom Professional Typists (least errors, highest cost). Transcript Divas falls into this category. Our team is hand-selected from English as a first language, Australian based professionals. Most of our team comes from either a legal or medical secretary background (thus possessing a lot of transcribing experience), or from a more technical closed captioning film and video background.
2. Automated Computer-based Transcription (lowest cost, the highest number of errors). Often needing a lot of investment to correct, these transcription services use computer programs to automatically transcribe a recording. Therefore with no actual people to pay, these services are relatively cheap compared to human-based transcription. However, AI-based transcription has a high rate of error, with the client having to invest a lot of time correcting patchy transcript accuracy, formatting, and punctuation.
3. English as a Second Language Workforce (low cost, a high number of errors). Some companies are set up in Australia but will use transcriptionists from developing countries to complete your project. Although this results in lower costs, once again the accuracy of the transcript can leave a lot to be desired. If you have ever learned another language, different accents, slang, and technical terms can really affect comprehension. Security and confidentiality agreements also raise some issues here. As it is difficult to enforce law internationally, a lot of university ethics and corporate data-sharing agreements do not allow information out of the country.