Transcription Jobs from Home Online Transcription Jobs for Beginners
jobs from home can be an ideal option for those who want to manage their own time, with the flexibility to fit the tasks around family or other personal commitments (see here if you are ready to apply for a Transcription Job). It means no commuting in traffic, saving on travel expenses, and allows you to choose how much you work. Transcription jobs from home can be a tricky market to break into if you are a beginner looking for an entry-level role but don’t give up.
What does a transcription job involve?
Transcription jobs from home involve listening to voice recordings and converting them to written reports. The source could be a lecture, a conference call, a podcast, or simply someone taking notes and wanting them transcribed. With the right skills transcription jobs from home can be a flexible and rewarding entry level opportunity to beginning your work from home career.
Transcription jobs from home- Can you apply now?
There are a few criteria, some of which you may already meet, needed to apply for a Transcriptionist role and begin your work from home life.
- A perfect Command of the English Language, some recordings can be poor quality with multiple voices. So a good understanding of what you are listening to is extremely beneficial.
- Perfect listening skills, with often multiple voices and sometimes detailed subjects good hearing and listening is a key attribute for a Transcriptionist.
- Good research Skills, some recordings can contain words or places you have not heard of before. It is important that you are able to research these and type them correctly.
- Accurate and fast typing speed of at least 40wpm, the faster you type the more you will earn. Clients expect their scripts to be accurate with most companies requiring a 98% accuracy rate.
- Job History, being able to show a history of your work will make you more hireable. A clear work history will show you are low risk high and high performing, making you more attractive to a transcription service.
Places like Transcript Divas are open to applicants who meet the above criteria, with a reliable work history http://transcriptdivas.com.au/transcription-jobs/
Don’t meet the criteria but still want to work from home?
A Transcription Service usually won’t hire an inexperienced beginner transcriptionist for transcription jobs from home.
So how can you gain an entry level role?
- Training is key. Completing a course usually online as a medical or legal Transcriptionist, something similar to canscribe.com will be very beneficial.
- Practise your skills. This will help build up your speed and accuracy.
- Get started, look for small entry level roles to begin your career. Some won’t pay much but experience is key to getting hired for bigger better jobs down the track. Try places like fiverr.com or freelancer.com .
- Gain a reputation, start small completing a wide variety of smaller jobs. As you complete more jobs you will move to bigger and better jobs while also building a fantastic work history.
Working from home as a Transcriptionist can be a great choice for anyone. You may already be qualified to begin your ‘working from home’ career as a Transcriptionist. If you do not yet qualify for an entry-level role then begin your practice and training and build your work history, it won’t take long for you to be a fully-fledged fast, accurate Transcriptionist, living your dream of working from home.